I’m coming to you with my very first Mountain Rose Herbs haul. I recently discovered this online company from a blogger I follow on Instagram. In one of her stories she showed her followers how to make a loose-leaf herbal tea. I had never seen that tea in stores before, so I asked her where she bought it from.
I quickly checked online and was amazed by how many unique products Mountain Rose Herbs carried. Most of the herbs they had on their website were herbs I’d never see in the normal grocery store before. After looking through their website, I put an order together just to see what their products were like.
Why I like Mountain Rose Herbs
I like Mountain Rose herbs because they have unique products that you can’t find in a normal grocery story. You may be able to find some of these items in a health food or vitamin store, but you will most likely pay more and not be able to purchase some of the herbs in bulk.
The pricing for Mountain Rose Herbs is great and cheaper than most other health food stores. For example, my brother normally pays $12 for a 1 oz tin of chamomile flowers. Mountain Rose Herbs sells 4 ounces of chamomile flowers for $9. As you can see, it’s a lot cheaper to purchase your bulk teas and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs.
I also want to mention all of the products I purchased for this haul are organic! This is important to me.
The downside of shipping
- Shipping Time: My box arrived within a week, which I think is fairly fast. Although, when you compare this to Amazon’s 2 day prime shipping, it’s pretty slow. I didn’t mind at all though, and the shipping wait was well worth it.
- Shipping Price: Shipping for my order cost $9. I thought this was a little pricey, but well worth the organic products. I recommend making larger orders instead of smaller ones made more often.
My first Order
Here is what I ordered in my first Box:
- St. Claire’s Organic Throat Soothers: I purchased these in place of cough drops. The ingredients are supposed to naturally soothe the throat.
- Essential Oils: I purchased the Bug Blend, Sleep Blend, and Breathe Blend. I have only tried the Sleep Blend so far and it smells so good! The oils are very concentrated, so you only need a few drops in a diffuser.
- Aloe Vera Gel: I’m planning on using Aloe Vera in skin products as well as salves. I still need to do a little more research.
- Calendula Hydrosol: I purchased this hydrosol to use as base for a homemade facial toner.
- Elder Berry Syrup: Elder Berry Syrup is good for fighting seasonal sicknesses. I purchased this as an all natural approach to building my immune system during the cold and flu season.
- Cassia Cinnamon Chips: I’m not a big fan of having to break apart cinnamon sticks, so I thought I would save myself some time by purchasing cinnamon chips.
- Turmeric: I plan on making a large batch of turmeric paste for my dog with allergies to ease her inflammation.
- Chamomile Flowers: This is my favorite nighttime tea. The first time I steeped Mountain Rose Herb’s chamomile flowers, along with the extract below, I knocked out and slept like a baby.
- Ashwagandha Extract: Ashwagandha helps with anxiety. Since I’m a naturally anxious person, I thought this would be a great extract to try.
- Cooking Spices: Mountain Rose Herbs also has a great selection of cooking spices. This time around I purchased cayenne powder, celery salt, and ginger root powder
Final thoughts on Mountain rose herbs
I really like Mountain Rose Herbs and I’m impressed with the quality of their products. Along with herbs and spices, they also sell books for learning more about herbalism.
I’m excited to continue purchasing from this company and next month I plan on making a larger order. Stay tuned for that haul.
Leave a Reply